We’ve been doing a bit more video work over the past few months and have seriously overhauled our stock of professional equipment. The upgrades come after a number of demanding shoots for clients; with new projects comes new gear. Here’s what we’re working with as of lately:
1) Nikon D800 (2 total) :: This is a staple for shooting sharp video and crisp photos. The 36.3 megapixel and 1080p HD capabilities mean that you’ll get TV-ready footage or high-quality magazine-ready photos that somehow look better than the image you get through your own eyes. Our two Nikon D800s know how to take breathtaking to the next level.
2) Glidecam HD 2000 :: For those smooth rolling shots we love to provide our clients, you can’t beat the simplicity of the Glidecam HD 2000. After configuring the proper weight amount to the bottom of the stabilizer, you’re able to pan and walk with ease. It’s like having your camera floating on a portable cloud.
3) 3800 Watt Softbox Lights (8 total) :: Proper lighting is critical to any video or photo session. A real advantage of using the softbox lights is control — control the brightness, control the angle, control the light spread. We have 8 total which makes adequate lighting easy.
4) RØDE NTG 2 Shotgun Microphone :: This little beauty allows us to pickup quality audio from sources that either can’t be lapeled, or are sources we want to provide more of an environmental context to with the audio. The NTG 2 can either be mounted on a boom pole, or attached directly onto a camera mount.
5) Zoom H4n Handy Mobile Recorder :: The H4n really has two purposes. You can set it up as a stand-alone microphone that is good for crowds and more spacial audio. Or, you can use it as a portable hard drive for your shotgun microphone.